what you need
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 medium-hot red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 pared strips of lemon zest, finely chopped
- 450g linguine - fresh if possible
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 225g freshly cooked white crab meat
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
what to do
- Put the olive oil, chilli, garlic and lemon zest into a small pan and put over a gentle heat until it begins to fry. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of well-salted water to the boil. Add the linguine and cook until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- Tip the chilli and lemon mixture into the pan the pasta was in, then add the lemon juice and season. Heat until sizzling, then add the linguine and crab meat to the pan and toss gently over a medium heat to warm the crab through.
- Add the parsley, season, and serve immediately with lemon wedges.